Monday, June 26, 2006

Tractor Pull

First, you should check out my new renter, Plumbutt. It's really funny, and he recently had a post on the top 10 party drinks. Link is in the sidebar.

I went to my first-ever tractor pull on Saturday.
IMG_3921
It was really fun. I don't know how it is that I've lived in Nebraska for 24 years without ever attending a tractor pull. I highly recommend it to anyone who has never done it. In Edgar, they ran two classes simultaneously, smoothing out the track for one track while the other track has someone pulling on it. They didn't make a big deal about anything, and just wanted to keep things moving along. Like a baseball game, it's the atmosphere that makes it entertaining, not the spectacle (although the spectacle is certainly more interesting than a baseball game). Plus, I got a lot of great pictures there, like this one.

3 comments:

  1. my god, you are turning into a redneck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say I'm turning into a redneck. I would say that I have transcended all prior forms of fashion. You've heard of Satanists/goths wearing crosses to be "ironic," or people wearing ridiculous old clothing from Goodwill for the same purposes. I, on the other hand, now hover in a realm where I am being both "ironic" and deadly serious at the same time.

    Or maybe I just think it's neat.

    Doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete