Saturday, May 29, 2010

WTF: Van Canto

I read about Van Canto in the June Decibel, and I had to look it up. They are an a capella metal band. Yes, you read that right. Except for drums, they have five vocalists, and that's it. Through vocals, they replicate the sounds of guitar and bass, and they do an impressive job of it. It really is amazing, but it's just a curiosity. I can't imagine anyone actually enjoying a full album of this stuff, and I just barely made it through their cover of "Master of Puppets".

But as impressive as it is, it's equally laughable. It's hard to believe they're even serious about it, but it appears they are--it even seems Nuclear Blast is taking it seriously.

There's no way I would get this to do a proper review--I don't think I could even listen to it the whole way through, let alone spend money on it--but it's worth mentioning here for humor value.

1 comment:

  1. I did a post on them awhile ago. It's an interesting concept, but watching their facial expressions is completely laughable. I could probably handle it a bit more if I did not have to see them. It does get a bit ridiculous at times though.

    ReplyDelete