Friday, August 20, 2010

Poll Results: What's the best metal record label?

I have to say I'm a bit surprised by the results of the most recent poll. Here are the rankings for the best metal record label:

1st: Metal Blade
1st: Roadrunner

I'm not at all surprised that Metal Blade got 1st place. They are the most reliable metal label out there (they only made one mistake, ever). I am surprised Roadrunner was able to tie it. I suppose that just shows how many mainstream people are still out there. How can you take a label seriously when their roster includes not only Nickelback, but also Collective Soul?

3rd: Relapse

I'm not surprised by Relapse's placement. Personally, I like them just as much as I like Metal Blade. They're a little more hit-and-miss, but I like that they're willing to take a chance.

4th: Century Media
4th: Earache
4th: Nuclear Blast

I'm a little bit shocked at the fact Nuclear Blast didn't get more votes. They're damn near as reliable as Metal Blade, and they're more extreme, so what's not to like? I am a bit shocked Earache and Century Media were able to tie it. Century Media is going downhill fast (as I've mentioned several times), and Earache is more important from a historical perspective than for anything they contribute to metal today.

None of the other labels got any votes.

Anyway, there will be a new poll up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan of Metal Blade, historically and currently. They don't steer me wrong too many times and if I see an album with the Metal Blade logo on it, I'm likely to pick it up. I am shocked Roadrunner got as many votes as it did.

    ReplyDelete